Summer Photo Friday Challenge – 7.5.2019
I post a picture; you write a scene. The Summer Photo Friday Challenge is that simple! I will even post a possible prompt to get you started. You can choose to write from the prompt I provide, or make up your own.
Here is this week’s challenge. Have fun!
Waiting for ___________
She sits on the stone, staring down the road, waiting for ____________
Checklist of sensory reminders:
- Who is she? Or is it a he in your story?
- What or who is your character waiting for?
- Why is this arrival so important? Or is that a mystery?
- Where is this? Set the scene. What is the character hearing and feeling
- When is this? (season: hot or cold; morning or evening?)
- How will this arrival change something in your character’s life?
The goal of the Photo Friday Challenge is to help you, a writer, envision and write new scenes, to imagine new places, and to kick writer’s block to the curb. I invite you to be inspired by my photos, maybe even write your own description of the photo. OR, better yet, post a photo of your own and write that scene.
Happy writing… ~T
At Stacking Stones Writers, I seek to create a community of writers, a place you can go to find encouragement for your passion – writing. Please follow the Stacking Stones Writers blog to have easy access to all the tips, tools, and ideas shared here. Thank you!